Monday, May 2, 2011

A PERFECT YARD SALE SEASON KICKOFF


This past Saturday marked the kickoff of my yardsale season and it proved to be as perfect as I'd been dreaming of all winter! The weather was BEYOND perfect: breezy and sunny and such a lovely break from all the scary storms lately. Jarad and I headed out around 7:30 with coffee in hand, change in our pockets, and a strategic route of several community yard sales in mind. Our first neighborhood stop was excitingly the most successful where I snagged a super old copy ofThe Shiny Night for a measly 10 cents! That's right, I could tell it was going to be a good day. One house I was particularly fond of offered boxes and boxes of old ties (from super wide to super skinny!!) and some womens clip on bowties for just quarters a peice! Oh, and I can' forget the blue Imperial hard shell suitcase I found in beautiful condition that I'll be listing in the shop later this week.

After hitting the McDonalds drive-thru for some hardy breakfast, we caught our second wind and began uncovering even better treasures. One particular house had me digging through boxes of old jewelry and antique buttons...a couple of my favorite things! My favorite purchases have to be a steampunk style brooch that i plan on turning into a necklace (pictures to come!), a kitschy collage brooch, and a copy of Rome and the Making of Modern Europe from 1893! Seriously, does that make anyone else's stomach flutter?!
Lastly, I might be slightly obsessed with this rather unique coffee mug I am happy to provide a new home for! Now i can have my coffee and share it with the little man that lives at the bottom of my mug haha I love it!



Overall, it was a fantastic kickoff to yard sale season and just a fantastic day in general! Be on the look out for some of these items to pop up in the shop very soon!

P.S. Who else is a yard sale junkie?

No comments:

Post a Comment